Not to do Guidelines
If You Suffer A Loss
Marine Fish, Invertebrates, and Corals
Return of live Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrates, and Corals is
not allowed. The reason is to protect the lives of the fish, invertebrates,
and corals, which have not had a chance to survive. If you are not satisfied
with the purchase that we sent you, please contact our Customer Service
department immediately by email.
Acclimation Procedures (back
During shipping, the quality of the water will decline. Waste
produces acids, which lowers the pH of the water. Therefore, care must
be taken in acclimating marine life that you received.
NOTE: Some people say to float the bags in your aquarium that
the livestock came in. The reason we do not recommend it follows:
- Bacteria could be on the bag and this could be toxic to your aquarium.
- It is easy for a bag to tip over while it is floating. This could
shock the livestock by not being acclimated properly and/or put bacteria
in the aquarium that could be toxic.
It is up to you to decide which acclimating procedures that works
You can also use the drip method, take a air line hose from the tank
to the livestock that are in a bag or poured into a container. Use a
plastic air valve to control the drip. Set it to drip a quarter of a
cup per 10 minutes.
Please adhere to the following steps for acclimating your purchase
to its new habitat. The process is lengthy, but these steps will reduce
the amount of stress for your new arrival. We recommend that all new
specimens be quarantined in a separate aquarium for 10 to 14 days.
- Turn off aquarium lighting and dim room lights before opening the
shipping container. This will reduces shock and stress.
- Open the shipping container and allow the sealed bags to reach room
temperature for 15-20 minutes
- Cut open the shipping bags and gently pour each bag into a container
that will float on the surface of the water in your aquarium (make
sure the outside and inside of the containers you are going to us
- Add a quarter-cup of aquarium water to the floating containers
floating in the aquarium.
- Repeat above Step every 10 minutes until the water has doubled
in volume. This is very important, as the shipment adjustments to
pH, alkalinity, and specific gravity take time. Lift the container
from the aquarium and pour out half of the water not into the aquarium.
Pour it into a bucket incase the Livestock falls or swims out, then
pour the bucket out in the sink.
- Float the container in the aquarium again and proceed to add quarter
cup of aquarium water to the container every 10 minutes (as you did
in step 4) until the container is full again.
- Lift the container out of the aquarium and Net the item from the
container and let loose into the aquarium and pour out the water and
not in your aquarium. Pour it into a bucket incase the Livestock falls
or swims out, then pour the bucket out in the sink.
- Never release shipping water directly into the aquarium. This could
pollute your aquarium.
- After an hour or two has passed then turn the aquarium light back
Not to do Guidelines (back to
- Do not rush.
- Never release shipping water directly into the aquarium.
- Do not place an air stone into the Acclimation container. This could
create chemical reactions that could result in toxicity.
- Keep specific gravity at 1.023-1.025. Invertebrates, coral, and
plants are more sensitive than fish to salinity changes.
- Sponges, clams, scallops, and Corals should not be exposed directly
- Need to watch out for bullies, if you have one you might want to
place him in a perforated basket (there are other items that one could
use, check with your local pet store for other suggestions), which
will allow the new stock to roam freely and adjust to its new environment.
Ordering Info (back to top)
- Click on any item you'd like to buy or view, and then click the
Purchase button next to any item to place it in your shopping cart.
If you want to buy more than one item, click More Shopping button
and repeat the above step.
- To change the Quantity of purchase in your Shopping Cart page just
highlight the quantity you want to change and then type in the correct
quantity and press the Re-Calculate button at the bottom.
- To delete an item place a check in the delete box to the far right
of them item and then at the bottom presses the Redisplay Cart button.
- It you are ready to check out press the Check Out button when you
- We use a secure server and industry-standard 128-bit SSL encryption
- You will receive an e-mail confirming your order and when the order
is shipped with the tracking number and carrier.
- We accept PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
Shipping Info (back to top)
- No handling fee
- Box charge of $10.00 per box which covers the cost for heat or cool
- We only ship within the continental territory of The United States
(no Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico). The shipping charges are calculated
by the weight times the couriers rates.
- We ship all marine life orders overnight directly door to door service
via UPS or FedEx Priority Overnight (arrives by noon pm in most areas).
Check the courier's website with your tracking number to determine
what time your shipment will arrive
- Saturday delivery is available in most areas for an additional cost
which you will need to check with the courier.
- We ship Monday through Thursday, Friday only for a Saturday delivery
(UPS and FedEx both charge extra for Saturday delivery).
- You may choose to pick up your shipment from the nearest UPS or
FedEx station. When placing the order you will need to specify it
on the order form. Shipments are usually ready for pickup by 9 a.m.
You will need to check with your local station.
- Delivery by UPS and/or FedEx priority overnight is commonly available.
(This service may not be available for all parts of the country. Please
check with the carrier before selecting a courier. Please do not forget
to take the tracking number with you and a picture ID (picture ID
might be asking for proof of ownership).
- UPS & FedEx requires a signature for delivery. You must be available
to accept delivery or someone that is 18 years or older.
- Acclimation Procedure is included in every order.
- A Tracking Number will be emailed to you when the courier picks
up your shipment from our shipping dock.
- Arrives by noon in most areas or sooner.
Guarantee (back to top)
Marine Life Online offers an Arrive Alive guarantee on its shipments
of livestock. This Guarantee with orders that are received by noon the
next day. If any loss or problems are noticed on the day of arrival
must be reported to Marine Life Online by 6 P.M. East Coast Time of
the same business day. Marine Life Online is confident of the quality
of all its livestock that we can offer our customers this 48 Hour Guarantee.
Marine Life Online absolutely guarantees that livestock that leaves
our facility will ARRIVE ALIVE at its destination and will STAY ALIVE
for at least 48 hours of receiving the livestock from us. There are
limited numbers of items that are exempt from the guarantee and are
noted with the item description. We can make this guarantee because
of the following:
- We ship only the healthiest specimens. We ship the finest quality
- We skillfully pack all orders. All livestock is selected and packed
by the best in the industry that carefully screen each livestock for
health, color and quality.
- We utilize oxygen in the packing of each bag, all livestock is double
bag, in a square bag that fits in the Styrofoam box, Styrofoam box
is then placed in a cardboard box and a heat or cool pack to minimize
stress on your order. We us overnight delivery to help keep the stress
If your purchase does not arrive alive from leaving our facility or
if it dies within 48 hours after you receive your order, we will replace
it for FREE (excluding packaging & shipping). The following conditions
- You must take immediate delivery of your order upon its arrival,
sign for your order (on the first delivery try). If a delivery is
refused for any reason, or no one being home to accept the delivery,
the customer will be liable for the full cost of the invoice and the
return freight charges. The customer must accept delivery even if
the package is delivered late.
- Marine Life Online is not liable for delayed shipments due to weather
conditions and if the order arrives late you should open the boxes
in front of the delivery person. The delivery person should note the
information and tell you how to file a claim.
- All livestock must be acclimated according to our Acclimation Procedures
even if they appear to be lifeless. Lifeless livestock will frequently
recover within minutes when acclimated. Livestock are subjected to
some form of stress when packed, shipped and acclimated into an aquarium.
Stress weakens any animal's immune system and increases the possibility
of developing an infection. For this reason, we recommend all new
fish should be quarantined in a separate aquarium for 10-14 days.
Marine Life Online cannot be held responsible for disease-related
problems if proper Acclimation Procedures are not followed.
- The animal must not exhibit any signs of physical abuse or damage
(tears, frayed fins, cuts, etc.). Your water quality must be adequate
(Alkalinity 2.5 to 5.0 meq/L, Ammonia 0, Calcium 400 to 475 mg/L,
Carbon Dioxide < 2.0 mg/L, Dissolved Oxygen > 6.90 mg/L, Nitrate
< 10 mg/L, Nitrite 0, pH 8.2-8.4, Phosphate < 0.05 mg/L, SG
1.021-1.025). You will be required to send us a sample of your water
in a separate bag.
- Send us an e-mail to establish the time of death. Never dispose
of or return a livestock without authorization; a credit will not
Guarantee Will Void If
- You refuse to accept the shipment.
- There is no one to sign for the shipment
on the first delivery attempt.
- The Order is shipped to an address unconfirmed
- If you choose to have your order shipped without a
physical signature at time of delivery.
If You Suffer A Loss (back to
- Notify us by e-mail immediately. A return authorization code with
instructions will then be issued via email.
- Return the water sample and Livestock by UPS or FedEx next day
Marine Life Online
915 West First Street
Sanford, Florida 32771 USA
- Returns must be shipped within 24 hours of death after leaving
our facility. Only with authorization approval.
- Marine Life Online will replace the dead Livestock. Guarantee applies
to original order only, not on replacement items. This guarantee does
not include shipping and box charges.